Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Resisting temptation: Resisting this particular testing can be unique to the individual every single day.  As I pray in the mornings, I am especially sensitive to seek God for "what may be in store for me for this day that is to unfold."  Some days I am surprised to find that there are none to resist and other days I am seemingly drawn into battle on a moments notice.  Most of the time these are internal fights and so I know that God is working in me to resist giving into what is tempting me at the time.  Some times it is as simple as food!  Other times it is resisting other people's battles fought out in the open air of the day.  The pettiness of life it seems to me is greatly magnified by the number of people in our lives at any given moment.  Resisting therefore can be all the more difficult especially since God may have brought the situation to us for our own good. Testing the heart to get the dross out of it is what purifies us and gets us to begin to think and act like our Lord..

No comments:

Post a Comment