Sunday, May 26, 2013

Does the Strong Man have you bound?

     28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.29 “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.30 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

   When a magician performs a trick say" sleight of hand" you have just been witness to a trick of deception of your eyes. You have been tricked.  Cleverly drawn away from what really happened.
     It is what happens every day right in front of our eyes we are drawn away from the truth.  Ask yourself a question.  What is that tugging at my heart?  The deep longings...peace...from a constant fight or struggle.  Why am I not happier?  Why don't I have enough...money-time-energy?  These are questions that always seem to be in front of us and drawing our attentions from that which would provide the very thing we seek.  The trick comes in a very subtle form... If I could only obtain more of that of which I seek then...I would be content.  So I go to the gym to have more energy, work harder for more money,so I get more tired and then I meditate longer for the peace I seek getting frustrated because meditation does not fill up what's missing.
     The strong man is the devil and he is a master magician but he has been defeated  through weakness.  
     Christ disarmed all the powers and principalities for us..we just have to let him into our hearts to rule and reign not the devil.  
    In an earlier blog I said that Nirvana is not to be found here on earth.  There are many counterfeits that present to us a form of godliness but beware they are traps.  
     This includes groups of Christian sects that either present doctrines of prosperity, name it claim it types or those that want to simply live like those of 200 years ago and become isolationist non conformists and non interventionalists and want nothing but to be "separate and have nothing to do with the "world."  In effect having no affect on the people around them.
    The gospel is all of the opposites named above.  It is" in your face", "take a stand", controversial and flies in the face of what we would normally do. Mostly it often causes one to adopt  the ways of Jesus that are not man made legalistic or works of our own that we can take pride in or claim for ourselves.  
     In laying down his life for us and trading places with us on the cross he made a permanent way for us to find what we were missing.  A relationship that reunites us and( our empty spirits) with the "living water."
     In the miracles Jesus performed, he was accused of doing it by the power of the devil.  This was a masterly sleight of hand. Also said" if I cast out Satan by Satan then is his house divided.  But if I cast Satan out by the power of God , then the kingdom of God has come upon you."
     Where is the kingdom of God for you?  Does it come from the things around you?  Or is it seen by the working of Jesus in you and by the spirit?  Most of all do not be tricked by counterfeit kingdoms of God. 
      I spent 17 years following a vision of a single man's, "words of revelation" given weekly,(some true, some paranoid) set in beautiful surroundings only to cede over to the people in power my common sense,  decisions that were mine and mine only and not allowing Jesus himself to have say in my life. In effect I allowed a substitution and not recognizing ... I was tricked by a simple sleight of hand.....>
   

No comments:

Post a Comment