Thursday, July 11, 2013

What You See Is What You Get

     We'll I know, I know, I know , I know, I know, I know, I know ,I know, I know ,,,etc. etc. etc......    (set to the tune of Bill Withers old song in the seventies!)  Twenty-six times over and again he sings the same two words each time with a slightly different intonation to make it not so boring but even interesting.  
      What is it about that song that stuck in my head so many years? What did he know?  We'll for me I know that Jesus even though he spoke in parables and often seemed like he contradicted himself with his own words, he did what he said and he was who he said he was.  There can be no doubt about the way he carried himself or the way that history has born out his truths.  There were no hidden aspects of  his life any longer after the resurrection.  Maybe his followers were confounded by him and even frustrated because he was completely on a different plane of intent and action and thought than they were.  There was no sin to cover or twist in him his nature so that he could mislead others.  He was no false messiah and because of that very one thing he had, he was worlds apart from us.  However he connected in a way that people were either hateful of him or adoring of him like Mary Magdalene.  I at first when I was introduced to his teachings was of course skeptical. Only after following for a while did I then see that it was possible and even desirous to keep on doing so.  After the reception of the Holy Spirit even those who were of a weakened state of mind and body did they begin to act and take on the authority of their Lord.  So when I received the Spirit myself, I knew then that even I could be different because of the indwelling closeness of God.  This difference was a sure found peace in knowing that I had finally come to the place that "I know." And because of this life would never be the same.  A journey had begun.   To finish this journey is to run the race Paul tells us about in his letters.   This race can be like a serpentine road and has many blind spots but we come to trust in the one who already walked it for us.  Faith is like and ice cube in the hand, it melts and then you think did I really just hold onto something?  
     What anyone who finds faith in Jesus can be assured of is this.  You get what you see and that is the truth.  NO misleadings, no hidden traits like in men, no lies or back stabbings, just light and  transparency that is refreshing like a cold glass of lemonade in the heat of summer...that continues throughout your lifetime.  Of course much more satisfying......

No comments:

Post a Comment