Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Confession of heart:

Jailer: Do you renounce your God?

Prisoner: I do not.

Jailer: Why do you not?

Prisoner: Why is it a consequence to you what I renounce or do not renounce?

Jailer: Don't you know that I have the power to kill you or set you free?

Prisoner:  The only power you have is what has been given to you from above.

Jailer:  And who is that?

Prisoner: Christ

Jailer:  Enough! That is not true!  I do not believe it!

Prisoner: Then there is nothing that I can say to convince you otherwise, it will be you that will stand before my God and give account for what you do today.

Jailer: You would have me believe that I will give account to Your God! I do not think so!  It is you who stands in my judgement chamber right here, right now! And you would convince me to set you free on your God's mercy?  You who kill and make war in the name of your God?  Your tanks and men come into my land and take my people's lives!

Prisoner: That is not me.  That is the Government of my country only. You think they are all like me, Christian?  They are not.  But like in the days of Pharoah my government's heart can be hardened and used by my God for his purpose.  Like right now.  See I tell you of a merciful God, Yet you do not hear, or choose not to.

Jailer: And this Christ...will save my soul too?  Even when I do this to you?

Prisoner: Yes,  Even you, because you do not do this of yourself.  Do you?  Are you not subject to your commander who tells you to keep me here like this? Bound up for my beliefs?  I think yes.

Jailer: Ok then, now I believe you. Only because you, I think you do not lie in a place like this.  Why would you? When you know what would happen to you!  Will you save my family too?  Will you tell them of this God you speak of while you are my prisoner too? I can make it so you will not be harmed under my watch.

Prisoner: I will........................

Praise be to the God in heaven who uses any and all circumstances for his glory!  
acts16_25.jpg (500×333)

No comments:

Post a Comment