Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Things I Left Behind

My bazooka and hubba bubba buble gum

My baseball cards attatched to my bicycycle spokes

My pogo stick

My superhero comic books (now worth a small amount of money)

My boyscout knife

My baseball bat and glove

My cardboard box colored in to be a imaginary race car

My dirt fort containing all of the dirtballs so we could play war

My marbles, jax, and small pocket treasures( no frogs)

My favorite t.v. shows, Flipper, Walt Disney, My Favorite Martian and many others of that era......

Most of all my unending summer days filled with wandering through the woods and grass fields playing with childhood friends long gone.


"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see as only a reflection in a mirror"........


No comments:

Post a Comment