Friday, September 12, 2014

I spend my life with the fallen, the corrupt the damaged:

     Today I will walk another dusty path, driven onward by the Spirit within me. Relentless like the wind.  I travel among the fallen, the corrupt, and the damaged. I spend my life with them day after day.  Sometimes  just want to be alone, very alone with my father.  I miss that.  I know I  am for them and I am one of them.  Born to  be among them ever hearing their pleas, Lord! Lord! It is a daily cry from those who pull at me tug at my clothes as if they want my very being to be a part of them.  I am spent. Only 6 am in the morning and I need refreshing.  So look upward and not downcast at my feet, sore and reddened by the miles I have traveled in the last few years.  My friends are asleep again....they never seem to get it.  Always able to put aside the pressing that I myself feel and never get a chance to let any of it go. I can't. Because even for a moment I know the tempter will try again and again to distract me from my day's missions.
     I sit by the olive trees on the wayside looking down at the town I will visit today.  The sun already red on the horizon beckons another day, it will be hot and dry, people will crowd around me once I begin again to tell them who I am and what I am doing here for them.  Some will understand most will not.  However it goes I  know it will be good.
     I spend my life with the fallen, the corrupt,and the damaged.  ( Line from Battlestar Gallactica season 4)
It will be said to me, "Physician heal yourself!  When it is all over.  Come down...Come down if you are really are who you say you are!"  I see it now more clearly than when I first began, and I am asking if it has to be this way?  Yes, comes my answer from the one who is always with me.
     I rise and pull my tunic tighter, fix my sandals and go and wake my friends.  Today they will see me at my most vulnerable state, for the town I am going into is my own and a "Prophet is not without honor except in his own town or so the scriptures say."    I won't be able to do what I want because of all the unbelief that is within them.  They know me from a child and so I will go anyway.  I cannot forsake them just because of their own selves.
     I have learned that faith comes in the most unexpected places, places I would not even have guessed it possible and it has kept me with a warm feeling all of the time.  Hope is what that feeling is.  And hope for their future, the eternity I want for all men of this world and forgiveness and release from all that they suffer daily.    
    6fbfc6_53dd5210f419e15bf18ce22394c2b8d1.jpg (2592×1944)

No comments:

Post a Comment