Wednesday, December 23, 2015

THE BIG VISIT


                       “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
                  you may now dismiss[d] your servant in peace.
30                         For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31                   which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32                           a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
                          and the glory of your people Israel.”


“This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”
I am and old man.  I have been waiting patiently for years for the consolation of my country, Israel.  Many have come promising change, some zealots, some radicals, some in innocence not realizing what they do.  They stir up hope in the people and stir up trouble for the Romans, those who govern us daily reminding us of their "Gentileness."  They do not understand at all. They have their Gods many of them and all of them on display in some form or another.  We however are an ancient people, storied in our traditions of the One God of all men.  We know who we serve.  And I am tired tonight having stood all day at the temple, my Spirit alive but my flesh very tired.  I was stirred up for some reason all day and I had the urge to come here and wait at the temple.  I didn't really have a clear understanding only I knew I must. And then I saw them a young mother and father and an infant.  My Spirit leapt.  I went forward and looked down and then looked up and the mother.  She handed me the baby and I prophesied..........







     




No comments:

Post a Comment